ATTENTION: The software behind KU ScholarWorks is going to be upgraded to a new version toward the end of July. Starting July 15th, users will not be able to log in to the system until the new version is in place. Searching for articles and opening files will continue to work while the system is being updated. If you have any questions, please contact Marianne Reed at mreed@ku.edu .

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorTimm, Robert M.
dc.date.accessioned2018-01-08T03:10:14Z
dc.date.available2018-01-08T03:10:14Z
dc.date.issued1972
dc.identifier.citationTimm, R. M. 1972. Mites (Acari: Laelapidae) parasitic on the meadow vole, Microtus pennsylvanicus. Acarologia 14(1):18–20.en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/1808/25692
dc.description.abstractThree species of parasitic mites of the family Laelapidae were found to be present in significant numbers on the meadow vole, Microtus pennsylvanicus. Two hundred and two individuals were identified from 15 host animals. Hyperlaelaps microti (Ewing), the most abundant parasite, made up 97 % of the individuals found. Androlaelaps fahrenholzi (Berlese) and Hirstionyssus isabellinus (Oudemans) constituted the remaining 3 % of the individuals found.en_US
dc.subjectAndrolaelapsen_US
dc.subjectectoparasitesen_US
dc.subjectHirstionyssusen_US
dc.subjectHyperlaelapsen_US
dc.subjectLaelapidaeen_US
dc.subjectMicrotus pennsylvanicusen_US
dc.subjectParasitesen_US
dc.titleMites (Acari: Laelapidae) parasitic on the meadow vole, Microtus pennsylvanicusen_US
dc.typeArticleen_US
kusw.kuauthorTimm, Robert M.
kusw.kudepartmentEcology and Evolutionary Biologyen_US
kusw.kudepartmentLatin American Studiesen_US
kusw.oaversionScholarly/refereed, publisher versionen_US
kusw.oapolicyThis item meets KU Open Access policy criteria.en_US
dc.rights.accessrightsopenAccessen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record